With the 25th anniversary of Friends coming up, it's time to take a look back at all our favorite '90s sitcoms. Thanks to a study done by US Dish, we now know which sitcom was the most popular in every single state. Let's see if your favorite show made the list.
US Dish found the top 15 sitcoms from the 1990s according to Ranker.com, then analyzed Google search volume from 2004 to the present to find out what show each state is searching for. These are the results:
Not too surprising, right? Friends is the most popular '90s sitcom in America, coming in at #1 in a whopping 12 states. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Saved by the Bell are tied for the #2 spot with both shows ranking as most popular in 6 states each. That '70s Show closely follows with 4 states. Frasier, The Simpsons, The King of Queens and Home Improvement were all most popular in 3 states, while Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Everybody Loves Raymond, 3rd Rock from the Sun and The Nanny all snagged 2 states' votes. Rounding out the list with 1 state each are Boy Meets World, Full House and Roseanne.
Here are some other "interesting findings" from US Dish's study:
- Though Will Smith’s character inThe Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is “West Philadelphia, born and raised,” Pennsylvania’s favorite ’90s sitcom is actually Full House. How rude!
- On the other hand, the Wisconsin setting is a big part of That ’70s Show, which may be why it’s the Badger State’s fave.
- Rebooted shows are shown some love. Out of the fifteen shows represented, four—Boy Meets World, Full House, Roseanne, andS abrina, The Teenage Witch—have been revived.
- Or maybe make that five?Frasier star Kelsey Grammer is entertaining “six different ideas” for continuing the show.
- Only one of these shows is still in its original run.The Simpsons, favorite of California, Oregon, and Virginia, is still making new episodes and, after airing its 636th episode in 2018, became the longest-running primetime scripted series in TV history. That’s a lot of opening credits gags.
Did your favorite '90s sitcom make the list?
Photo: Getty/US Dish